Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"A Day In The Life of a FIRSTIE Teacher"....



I decided to join Miss Klohn's Linky Party!!! It looks like GREAT fun!  


Here is how it works...
1. Right click and save the button above to put in your post. I
suggest also making the picture a link when you add it so others can
easily find the linky party. (I wish I knew how to write the HTML code
to make it a button)
2. Tell us about a typical day in your classroom. You can share as
little or as much as you would like.
3. Come back to my blog and link up.
4. Visit the other links to see what a day is like in their class!



A Day In My 1st Grade Shoes.....goes a little like this.....
4:30....alarm went off...hit snooze approximately 2 times, which gave me 18 GLORIOUS minutes longer of my long, holiday weekend:)  YES....I know that's early, but only 30 minutes early for me! I had all intentions of going early to school this morning to rearrange:)  <I do that QUITE often!!!> 
4:48ish....I made coffee, turned on FOX News Channel, let the dog out, let the dog back in, checked the weather, blog, Facebook and Pinterest.....
5:10....enjoyed some COFFEE....about 3 times:)
5:30......started working on my freshly washed, curly hair with my best buddy.....BabyblissPro!!!
5:50....put biscuits and bacon on for the fam:)  (Did I mention that my parents had spent the night with us....well, breakfast is not an option, it's mandatory!!!:) smiles:)
6:00...finished getting ready for school.....made lunches for my girls.....picked my Autistic daughter's clothes out....woke the girls up....woke my husband up....more coffee, and SHHHHHH.....I secretly watched half of the RHBH:)  
6:25.....FAMILY was up and in full force getting ready for our day!
7:20....kissed family "bye"  off to my Firsties......
7:45.....welcomed the Firsties into the classroom with a warm smile and soft voice....
8:00....served "Breakfast In the Classroom", checked folders, checked homework, took breakfast count, collected Field Trip T-shirt money...bathroom break
8:20...enjoyed a BKFLix book online with the smart board....
8:30...Calendar Wall.....GROWING NUMBER....DAY 90!!!! 10 days till the 100th day of school!  The Firsties are excited!!!!
8:45....Guided Reading Groups/Literacy Centers....managed 3 great groups and introduced 3 new centers:)
10:00....Junie B. Jones read aloud.....(SO EXCITED....going to see the musical in two weeks.....above mentioned Field Trip)
10:20.....WORD STUDY....introduced new WWWords and Spelling Chunks to Firsties with list and clapping, tapping, etc. Then we brainstormed spelling chunks -ock and -uck with magnets.
10:30.....Writer's Workshop.....LOVE it:)
Lunch at 11:15......worked during that break.....getting folders ready, etc.
11:45....Firsties came back from lunch and we practiced our words.......
12:30....another BKFlix book....they LOVE!!!
12:45....RECESS!!!!!! Yippee:)
1:15....skip counting....smart board style!
1:30.....Conference Period for me/Music for the Firsties
2:15....Math, Math and more Math....today we worked on before and after numbers!  Still amazed that this can present a problem at times!
3:00....smartboard math games....pack up and dismissal:)
WHEW......T.I.R.E.D., but ready to do it again tomorrow:)


What is a day in your classroom like?  Link up to share a "Day In Your Shoes"!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you get up at 4:30(ish) and you serve your kids breakfast in your room!
    What a great teacher!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure that I could not even function that early in the morning.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Miss Klohn
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ladies....I know, it was early that particular morning, but normally I'm a 5:30 girl! I get more done at that time of the day than any other....busy wife, mother & teacher....I'm sure you both can relate! With enough coffee and chocolate, I can do lots of things:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUCKY!!! You have a SMARTBOARD!!!

    I'm your newest follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    glitzyinfirstgrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jessica....Yes, I am lucky to have that SMARTBOARD!!!! I don't know who loves it more....me or the Firsties!!!!

    Sheri
    1st Grade ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments "ROCK"!!!!! Thanks for leaving one:)

Ahhhh.....

S.U.M.M.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!! :)